Here’s Some Music for Yah…

April 30, 2009

I love music. I am a HUGE lover of music. There is always a new mixed CD in my Van, I always have some new music on my mp3 player, I sing to myself, I dance to the music in my head and in my ear, and I’m a sub-par singer.

As  far as genres go, I was baptised in the waters of Country Music, 80s Pop, and 70s/80s Rock and Roll, but I’ve grown to love almost all genres over my time. In fact I love music so much, that despite being a member of the “Napster” generation, I own over 80% of the music on my computer. the other 20% or so is pirated, yes, but that’s because I can’t find the CDs or the downloadable versions.

So today I’ve been hunting around for some music on YouTube since I can’t afford to buy anything. Shiny Toy Guns does a great song called “Transmission to Major Tom” which you might recognize from the Lincoln TV commercials. This song is also a free download from their site an has subsequently gotten me hooked on David Bowie and his song Space Oddity.  I’ve been trying to find Cat Power‘s cover of the song, but with no success. I’m not sure how, but this also led me to a great Vs song by Greenday and Oasis (note: I HATE Oasis, so calculate that as I tell you I love this song) a combination of Beaulivard and Wonderwall.

So for now I leave you with these artists you should check out, and a musical list that may or may not explain a lot about me.

Favorite Musical artist: Garth Brooks
Favorite Band: AC/DC
Favorite CD: The Longest Road
Favorite Genre: 80s Pop
Notable Artists:
Big & Rich
Eminem
Nickleback
Def Leppard
Aerosmith
Black Eyed Peas
Spirit of the West
Kid Rock
Dr. Dre
Anything from “Grease”
Quietdrive
Disney Show Tunes.

Advertisements

One Response to “Here’s Some Music for Yah…”

  1. Annalise Says:

    Aw, I too love Space Oddity by David Bowie. Great song.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s